Thursday, January 22, 2009

M-9

Foundation pieced.

Print or trace the block pattern onto your foundation paper.
IMPORTANT! You will have to mirror the colors when you foundation piece this block, or they will come out opposite of what the block should look like.
Number and cut out the sections as in the photo.

Foundation piece each numbered section. I also ironed freezer paper to the back of the unnumbered sections to keep them from warping.
Trim the seam allowances to ¼".

Following the block diagram, sew together the triangles in pairs. I've found that it helps to lay the sections down paper side up first because it helps to be able to see the numbers on the paper, and then pairing them up.
Lining up the seams may be a little tricky. Keep your seam ripper handy.

Sew the resulting squares together in pairs.

Sew the two rectangles together.

Attach the top and bottom strips, then the two side strips.

Not perfect, but kind of cute.

9 comments:

  1. I love it! This may have to be the next one I tackle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow. You've been busy!!!!! Thanks so much for taking the time to do it all. Know that you (and all your work) are much appreciated. :)

    And, woo hoo! Another beautiful block. I love that aqua.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to tackle this block. The diagrams 'n pictures are truly helpful to me. Thank you. And, Thank you so much for all your hard work on all the blocks!
    Hugs,
    Cyn:) F.
    in California

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It reminds me of a spider's web! Thank you for this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks again for the awesome tutorial. I will tackle this one tonight. I will have my seam ripper handy. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you soooooo much for creating this blog and preventing us from being without this really helpfull tutorials. Congrat's on this new step and be sure that we'll always be here waiting for the next block! God bless you!

    Eliana Grigolatto, from Brazil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for taking the time to show how. I am working my way down you list. Will let you know when I finish. Cheers Denise

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your wonderful Blog and information. I'm just now starting to make my Baby Jane and finding that your expertise is invaluable!! I just put this block together using the layout from the software and it turned out kind of wonky- if I had looked at your method first it would have turned out much better! A lesson learned! One of many to come as I proceed with this quilt! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete