Friday, November 6, 2009

J-9

I had this block all finished except for the applique. It got dark while I was trying to get that done so I could post a block on time for a change. Darn.

Out of background fabric, cut:
two strips 1 1/8" x 2.5"
two strips 1 1/8" x 3.75"

Out of main block fabric, cut:
one square 2.5" x 2.5"
one strip 1 1/8" x 3.75"
two strips 1 1/8" x 4 3/8"
one strip 1 1/8" x 5"
Sew a 1 1/8" x 2.5" background fabric strip to the top and bottom of the main fabric square.

Sew a 1 1/8" x 3.75" background fabric strip to each side of the resulting sections.

Sew the main fabric strips to this section log cabin style, starting with the shortest one on the top and moving clockwise.

Applique the four little melons into position.
J-9

1 comment:

  1. Curse those tiny melons! I'm not looking forward to this one. Yours is so pretty though... so maybe there's hope for me yet! :)

    ReplyDelete