Monday, February 1, 2010

I-6

Out of main block fabric, cut 4 squares 2.5" x 2.5"
Assemble them into a four-patch as in the photo.
Print or trace the block diagram onto the dull side of freezer paper and cut out the center shape.
Iron the freezer paper shape onto the right side of the nine-patch, lining up the seam lines.
Cut out, leaving a scant 1/4" seam allowance.
Out of background fabric, cut a square 6" x 6".
Baste the main fabric shape onto the center of the background fabric square. (I forgot to take the photo until I had started the applique.)
Applique, turning the seam allowance under and clipping the corners where needed.  Remove the freezer paper and press.
Using your favorite applique method, applique the main fabric melons into position.  I like "freezer paper inside" for melons.
Trim the block to 5" x 5" and press.
I-6

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I love that yellow fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute blokc. This is the first time I finished a block before you posted the instructions. Hurray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I have not done this block yet. Studying the photos of the mother quilt, this is how I planned to do it. Now i know it works. :-)

    ReplyDelete