Thursday, April 8, 2010

I-10

This one was a bit of a headscratcher.

Print or trace the block diagram onto foundation paper, number, and cut out as in the photo.
Foundation piece the four numbered sections and trim the seam allowances to 1/4".
Sew them together in pairs and then sew the two resulting sections together.
I'm not a fan of inset seams but, because the angles on these are so shallow, it actually wasn't too hard.
Iron the seam allowances on the center square to the back and baste in place.
Cut a 3" x 3" square out of background fabric.
Place the block over the top of the background fabric square, baste, and applique in place.
Remove the basting stitches.
I-10
Note: I believe that sometimes there is room for steam in quilting. This was such an instance. As long at you don't move the iron back and forth too much the block will be fine. My apologies to the quilt gods.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my dear, this is already giving me a headache! Your block is gorgeous, those blue ducks are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Thanks. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steam is my friend! :) I think your block looks great!

    ReplyDelete