Monday, January 25, 2010

M-1

This one turned out better than expected. It's hard to keep lines straight on blocks this little.

Print or trace the block diagram onto foundation paper, number, and cut out the center sections as in the photo. (I had some focus issues but I think the numbering is clear-ish.)

Foundation piece each numbered section and trim the seam allowances to 1/4".

Sew the three center sections together.

Sew a triangular section to each of two opposite ends of the center section.

Attach the other two triangles.
Out of background fabric, cut:
1 strip 1" x 3 1/4"
2 strips 1" x 3 3/4"
1 strip 1" x 4 1/4"

Sew these strips to the center block section log-cabin style. Be sure to refer to the block diagram for the sequence.

Out of main block fabric, cut:
1 strip 7/8" x 4 1/4"
2 strips 7/8" x 4 5/8"
1 strip 7/8" x 5"

Sew these strips to the block log-cabin style. Be sure to refer to the block diagram for the sequence.
M-1

5 comments:

  1. That’s a sweet block. The dots provide something extra and a factor of difficulty to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I agree! I see the dots make it even harder to sew straight. Directional fabrics are always a challenge for me in quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished this block today, this was block number one for my Dear Jane journey. Thank you for your blog, I first heard about the quilt because of you and having been pining over making this for a while now. I know it will be a long term project, maybe years and years, but I think it will be so much fun to do! I am going to make two quilts at the same time, a rainbow Jane which will be my practice quilt, the first block I make so I can make mistakes and hopefully get it right the second time on my blue and orange version.

    Cheers!
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete