Wednesday, January 21, 2009

C-4

This is one of the "advanced" blocks but don't get scared. It's just foundation piecing. Teenie foundation piecing - but still foundation piecing.

It may be my favorite block so far.

I used freezer paper foundation piecing.

Print or trace the block onto freezer paper, number and cut apart sections as in the photo. (Click on the photo to enlarge it.)

Foundation piece the numbered sections and iron the non-numbered pieces onto freezer paper as well. Trim all seam allowances to 1/4".

Sew together the three center rectangles, then add the narrow strips to the top and bottom.

Sew on the solid side triangles, being careful to center them. Sew opposite triangles first, press, then sew the other two. I always sew a small section in the center of the seam first and then sew the rest from the ends in toward the center. I find that that reduces shifting of the fabric.

Attach the pieced outside triangles in the same fashion.

1 comment:

  1. What a neat way to do those outer corners with the foundation piecing. I was all set to applique the outside white fabrics until I saw your blog. I have about 55 blocks done over several years but now I'm motivated to do more. Thank you - great blog!

    ReplyDelete