Sunday, May 23, 2010

LS-1

I'm going to have to pick up the pace a bit if I want to finish all the blocks by the end of summer.

I struggled with this one a little this morning although I've actually made it before.

Print or trace the block diagram onto foundation paper.
Cut out and number the top section as in the photo.
Foundation piece, following the numbers. Foundation piece the bottom two sections using one piece of fabric to reduce seam bulk.
Trim the seam allowances to 1/4".
Cut out and number the two side block sections.
Foundation piece. Trim seam allowances to 1/4".
Cut out and number the remaining block section as below.
Foundation piece and trim seam allowances to 1/4".  Extend the side edges until they meet at the top of the section (as in the photo).
Here I forgot to take a photo.
Sew the two side sections to the center section.
Sew the top section to the block along the bottom diagonal seams.
Applique the final shape to the block.
LS-1

3 comments:

  1. some of these triangles have such weird shapes to them! I will be glad though to get done with my blocks and then move on to the triangles. I have about 20 blocks left to make I think. I have been moving along fairly good lately but know I will need a break and not touch it again for awhile soon.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anina, it looks perfect! Thanks for your wonderful tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo... I love the look of this one!

    ReplyDelete