Sunday, April 4, 2010

G-12

Looks like I'm down to one block a week now.  I promise it'll pick up. I'm going on a retreat this weekend and will be taking my fabric and camera.  Hopefully I can catch up a bit.

Print or trace the block diagram onto foundation paper, cut out, and number as in the photo.
We will be piecing the large center section and ignoring the shapes for now.
Foundation piece the block, following the numbers. Trim the seam allowances to 1/4".
Applique the "bottom" shape.  To determine the shape, just extend the lines until they meet.  Does that make sense?
I used "freezer paper on top", where you iron the freezer paper shape to the right side of the fabric and then turn under the seam allowance along the edge of the freezer paper..

Applique the top shape. I used freezer paper again. (The smudges are from my printer eating the freezer paper on the first try.)

G-12

4 comments:

  1. I am constantly amazed at your talent. This one looks particularly hard. Astonishing. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! The fabrics gives the block a little extra!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting approach! Why did you do the star as two appliques instead of one? I'm going to have to go back and look at Jane's block. Maybe the answer will be right there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A retreat? I'm jealous! Sounds like a lot of fun. :)

    I love the fabric in this block... the seashell motif is so subtle and nifty!

    ReplyDelete