Thursday, February 12, 2009

J-7

I figured this one would not turn out any better foundation pieced that pieced "normally", so I decided to change it up and rotary cut for a change.

Out of background fabric cut:
1 strip 9" x 1"
2 strips 5" x 1"
5 squares 2" x 2"

Out of "main" fabric cut:
2 strips 9" x 1"
1 strip 5" x 1"

Sew the strips together along the long edges as in the following photo. Press after each seam.

Cut the long strip into eight 1" x 2" strips.
Cut the short strip into four 1" x 2" strips.

Sew the little strips in sets of three into squares as in the photo.

Referring to the block diagram, sew the white squares to the pieced squares to form three strips.

Sew the strips together and press.

A little wonky but done is better than perfect...

(Did you see I have pre-cut freezer paper sheets in the store now? So much easier, and they won't jam up your printer.)

2 comments:

  1. I did see that you have freezer paper! I'm so excited! It's fantastic. Unfortunately I just bought some (came in last week) but I will definitely buy some more when I run out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was one of the hardest blocks for me. It finally drove me to hand piecing and I haven't looked back since....and I guess it's better than driving me to drink! LOL!

    ReplyDelete