Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A-12

I'm really planning to get back on the Monday-Thursday schedule. Really.

Another block with teenie pieces. What is it with row A?

Foundation pieced.

Print or trace the block diagram onto foundation paper, number and cut out as in the photo.

Foundation piece all the numbered sections and trim their seam allowances to 1/4". Cut the unnumbered triangles out of fabric, remembering to add 1/4" seam allowance to them as well. I ironed them onto freezer paper to stabilize them and make it easier to cut the seam allowance.

Assemble the 3-section side strips.

Sew them to the center strip.

Sew on the side triangles one by one, following the diagram.

7 comments:

  1. I hate row A. Not really, but it is starting to feel that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Row A is crazy! Thank goodness not all the rows are like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Zonnah, we pretty much followed each other through the whole Blogger quilt festival. So I thought I would pop in and say "HI!".

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice block. It looks really fussy to make, but the end result is really worth all the effort.
    Thank you for leaving a comment on my Blog.
    There is certainly a lot of inspiration to be found looking at other people's work from the Blogger Quilt Festival.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, tiny pieces again, IIK;) I'm just in the middle of struggling with A11. ... and I was planning to make it twice... the other for my BlueJane.. Will I survive???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the help I'm on a11 neede you for A10 but finally made it. Does this get easier?
    thanks again

    ReplyDelete