Monday, March 1, 2010

H-9

Print or trace the block diagram onto foundation paper, number and cut out the center section as below.
Important! You have to mirror this diagram.
I didn't and now my block is a mirror image of the original, but I think I'm going to leave it that way.

Foundation piece the two numbered sections and trim the seam allowances to 1/4".
Out of background fabric, cut two squares 2 7/8" x 2 7/8" and cut each in half on the diagonal.

Sew the two pieced block sections together and then attach a background fabric triangle to each corner.

Applique the four kites into position.
H-9

3 comments:

  1. I love how this block looks in yellow. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this one by adding lines and piecing the diamonds. It took some doing. I use the DJ software and I mirrored my block the first time. I had to pring out more paper foundations b/c I ruined my first ones. If you do not mirror the block you can really get in trouble. See Rosa's page of imprefect blocks and scroll down.
    http://les3a.no-ip.com/rosa/craft/quilts/dearjane/imp/imp.htm

    ReplyDelete