Saturday, March 6, 2010

I-7

I apologize for the tardiness of this post.
I've made 12 little blocks in the last 2 days. That's my excuse.

Print or trace the block diagram onto foundation paper, number and cut out the center sections as below.
Foundation piece both sections and trim the seam allowances to 1/4".
Sew the two pieced sections together.
Out of background fabric, cut
2 pieces 1 1/4" x 3 1/2"
2 pieces 1 1/4" x 5"
Sew the short background fabric strips to the sides and then the longer ones to the top of the block.
Applique the little triangles into place. I had quite a bit of trouble with these.  If anyone has tops on appliqueing teenie triangles, please speak up.
I-7

8 comments:

  1. Another sweet block!

    12 little blocks in 2 days... there’s no need to apologize! I’m happy you are still pulling the wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colors! I had trouble with those little triangles, too, and decided that if I ever do that block again, I'm going to try to reverse applique them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had trouble as well. My triangles ended up slightly different in size. I pressed the seam allowance under first, then used a very small amount of applique glue to hold the seam allowance down, let it dry and then appliqued the resulting triangle on. It worked quite well apart from the size differences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of all the applique, I think those 4 little triangles were the worst! Thank goodness they're done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 12 blocks in two days - way to go! On this block that you show I thought the tiny triangles were difficult! (both times)
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those tiny triangles are a real bear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Anina

    Just be be a little quirky, I foundation pieced the edges. Really it was to avoid the fine applique.
    The block looks very neat, although the foundation piecing created an optical illusion.
    My block looks as though the edges are curved.
    Julie, Melbourne, Australia....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anina I recently joined you Flickr group but I'm not sure what blocks are ok to post photos of - are they all the ones listed here on your side bar that you have made?
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete