Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Batik Jane

(This is a double post, so if you read my other blog too, my apologies).

I'm not doing much myself right now, but a friend and I went "Stash Dashing" on Friday.
As you may or may not know, I'm a little obsessed with Dear Jane quilts.
This one is made with batiks.
Stunning!
Batik Jane
(It is on display at Heirloom Quilts in Poulsbo, WA.  The lady who made it works there but did not want to pose for a photo. Hats off to her for this absolutely lovely work of art!)

10 comments:

  1. This is awesome!!
    This year I began mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Es preciosa... Una pregunta. ¿Cómo está acolchada? Por favor una respuesta
    bauldelosretales@gmail.com
    Mari Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Dear Jane is fabulous in batiks! Wow! What a stunner! I've feel I finally have enough civil war repros to start my DJ.....hopefully right after xmas! I'm in love with them, too! And no matter what the style or fabric choice, they are always wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a beautiful bright Batik Jane,thanks for showing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cool! I've never seen this done in batiks before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I would love to do one in batiks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!

    I love how Jane looks different with "modern" fabrics. (I'm loving your 30s Jane too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! I cannot thank you enough for all of your wonderful instructions and tutorials on each square (triangle although not there yet) you have been such a great help!
    New Quilter!!

    ReplyDelete