Saturday, October 10, 2009

An unintended break

I had the fullest intention of pre-posting all the blocks for this week and next. Alas, life got in the way.

This was a crazy week and I'm leaving for Houston on Tuesday. As of today I haven't even looked at the supply lists for my classes, much less bought the supplies.

I therefore hope you'll forgive me for this unplanned break.
I will try to squeeze a block or two in there but realistically it may be not happen. The next block will DEFINITELY be up by the 21st at the latest.

Last year there were no Janes in Houston. I'm hoping to see at least one this year. You'd think there would be one.

I leave you with a photo of my ever-growing pile of blocks.
Cute, aren't they?
Pile of blocks

11 comments:

  1. These are simply adorable. I've only tried paper piecing a few times but I really enjoyed how fun it was and how crisp the edges come out.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look wonderful! Hope you can find a DJ to show us from Houston.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pile of blocks is lovely! Don't worry about us, we'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stash! Great idea for a post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look wonderful....and it's OK to take a day off once in a while....We appreciate everything you do!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very pretty pile of blocks. I just looked through your blog and it is fascinating how you show how to put each block together. I will not ever do a Dear Jane quilt but sure do admire you and all the others that are doing one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! what a pile. Have a great time in Houston. You mean to tell us life got in the way of QUILTING?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You are industrious. At the Springville, UT quilt show recently there was a Dear Jane Quilt. I can't even imagine tackling one. I love your choice of fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this cute little stack of your blocks...how inspiring. When I first started to quilt about 7 years ago...there was these Dear Jane clubs all over the internet but no one in my quilting groups new about them until like 5 years later - I guess I was ahead of the times..now I so want to do one.
    Thanks for all of the inspiration. I learned of your amazing block and tackling this quilt through the WithinAQuarterInch blog and podcast!!
    All the best on your trip
    Valerie
    www.pastimesonline.ca/vals-quilting/

    ReplyDelete
  10. The colors of your Jane blocks are so pretty and happy.

    ReplyDelete