Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Finally!

There will be a new block tomorrow. Possibly one that will showcase my newfound needle turn applique skills - well a chance to practice anyway.

But first, great news! There was "a quilt" at the show in Houston and it was amazing.
Machine pieced and quilted.
I so wanted to take a photo of each block so we can get some quilting ideas but people were waiting to see the quilt.

I always take photos of a quilt's description, etc. because I want to give credit to the quilter but I forgot this time. If you know who made this quilt, PLEASE let me know so I can add the information.

Edited to add: Thanks to Susan in Texas I now know who made this lovely quilt. It is called "A Tribute to Jane" and was made by Patricia Mayer (piecing) and Karen Watts (quilting).
Houston Jane
This quilter chose not to piece the triangles but she is a genius! She quilted the triangle designs into the border.
Don't you just love the binding?
Houston Jane
Houston Jane
She also chose not to do setting squares. If I'm correct, Jane's quilt did not have setting squares or even sashing.
Houston Jane
The quilting is absolutely amazing!
Houston Jane
If you'd like to see a little more detail, click on the photos or hop on over to Flickr.

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt. I love the quilted triangles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely unbelievable. Thank you so much for sharing this fabulous quilt with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is very very nice ...compliments....
    Hugs
    DENI

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don´t know what to say, I´m speechless. WOW!!!!!! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! So inspiring! I absolutely love the quilting-- the border is just fabulous. I'm so glad you were able to get some pictures to share!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh myyyyy goshhhh!

    This is absolutely stunning! I’ll show this to the longarm quilter I bring my quilts too. She will be blown away too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO stunning!!!!
    I hope you find out who did this so we can tell her how absolutely amazing this is! The quilted border instead of the pieced triangles is such a great idea!! Kudoes to her!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This quilt is incredible! WOW! Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it might have been a guild project somewhere in Texas; it was in the Texas exhibit area if I remember correctly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely stunning!
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely beautiful. The quilting top it off. I think I like the border better this way than the original - Thanks so much sharing - Hugs Natima

    ReplyDelete
  12. This quilt is called "A Tribute to Jane" and was made by Patricia Mayer and Karen Watts. (You should probably attach this information to each photo of the quilt that you have in Flickr, and mention it in any blogpost about the quilt. The literature from the Houston Festival is very clear that attribution is required for all posted photos. It's a pain, but I've been doing it for the slideshows on my blog.)

    "A Tribute to Jane" was part of the non-judged portion of the festival, and was included in the "Texas Guilds' Award-Winning Traditional Quilts" display.

    Hope this helps,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  13. An astonishingly beautiful Dear Jane. Thank you for sharing. It has motivated me to get back to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing work! It is really inspirational to see such workmanship.

    Big "thank you" to the makers and to you for leting us see this gem.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow!!!! Just amazing work, beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I´s so beautiful and I want to say thank you for all the tipp´s on your blog for the beginner-Jane´s.

    ReplyDelete