Monday, February 21, 2011

Call me crazy

A-1
I just couldn't help myself.
A-1
You try and spend every day surrounded by 30's fabric and kits and resist.
If you'd like to join in on the craziness, I have both a BOM and Fabric-of-the-Month starting in March over in the store (sorry about the shameless plug).
I'm going to follow the sequence of the BOM in making the blocks, but I don't think I'll make the triangles this time round.

I've created a Flickr set just for this quilt over in my photostream.
I will, of course, also share pertinent photos in the "That Quilt" group.

My plan is to start the quilting on my original quilt (the one that started it all) soon. The plan is to quilt each block individually, so that could be another 2-year journey.  I will share over here, so stay tuned.

8 comments:

  1. LOL - I'm not surprised. When I finished my first Dear Jane only 3 weeks went by before I started my second. After the second top was finished though I think I was kind of burned out on Dear Jane as I really have not felt at all like starting a 3rd! Good luck on your continuing journey in the life of Dear Jane.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooh, I’ve missed you! The blocks you’ve made look so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, you're not crazy, I'm thinking the same having already purchased fabrics for my second Jane, no triangles for me either. Love your 30's fabrics they could tempt me into something else.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! What is it about this quilt? I still have a few pieces to doand then the quilting, but I can't help planning the next one. I'm also thinking about 30s fabrics. We'll be following along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't blame you. This quilt is addictive! There is just something so gratifying about finishing those little blocks. But I'm not going to start another until this one is at least in the quilting stage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love It! She really is addicting! The blocks are just so cute & you just can't help yourself! I think I'll be joining you on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't finished the first yet and you are tempting me with this lovely bright version, I can't wait to see it evolve

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bei diesen wundervollen Blöckchen kein Wunder das ein neues Wunder entsteht, ich freue mich und werde dich auch hier begleiten, danke für die herrlichen Bilder und Anregungen zu jedem einzelnen Block.
    Herzliche Grüße aus Dresden von Christine

    ReplyDelete